Friday, December 15, 2006

December 15th.

We are all set for my parents to arrive tomorrow. We’ve had the windows cleaned, the carpets cleaned, etc and we’re ready for company. My grandparents have been here helping with the basement and my grandma has been a cleaning fool. I think my house might be in the best shape it’s ever been.

I talked to Tammy this morning discussing when mom and dad are getting in and when she and Lilly are flying in. She mentioned to me that she talked to dad last night and he said that mom hadn’t been feeling real well, but she seemed to be on the mend. So, I decided that I’d give her a call and check in. Well, she answers the phone and says “Why are you calling me” I told her that Tammy said she wasn’t feeling well and I just wanted to check in. I could immediately tell that something was not right. She proceeds to tell me that she’s in the hospital in La Ceiba (mainland Honduras). She had been in terrible pain all night and they flew over to the hospital first thing in the morning. She had already seen the Dr and they had her scheduled for an emegerncy hysterectomy at 5:00 tonight. I can tell she’s upset and scared but doing her best to control her emotions. I think she was most upset about not being able to come home for Christmas. We talked each other through it and began to realize that everything is going to be just fine, but emotions are running high. Tammy and I talked things over this afternoon and they’re still going to come for Christmas. We’re feeling a little sorry for ourselves and a little lost without mom and dad, but we’ll figure it out. I’m so glad they’re still coming for Chirstmas.

No comments: