Sunday, September 10, 2006

We made it!
We walked off the plane and there they all were...Grandma Rita, Grandpa Mike, Tammy, Lilly, Bob and Karen. It was the best feeling in the world to see my parents. I know I'm a parent now, but there's just something comforting about a big hug from your mom and dad. Tammy looked great and Lilly had grown so much. I couldn't wait to get my hands on her. She felt great (light as a feather) and smelled so good. I just wanted to kiss her and kiss her.

We loaded up in two cars, stopped by WalMart for a few essentials for the kiddos and then headed for Bob and Karen's. Bob and Karen are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. It was so nice of them to open their home to our family. Not only did they let the six of us move in for several days, we pretty much took over the place. They fed us and entertained us, they were really great hosts. Thank you Bob and Karen.

That night Brian, Lori, Sage, Ashton and Kevin all came over for dinner. It was great to see everyone. Tammy, Brian, Kevin and I basically grew up together. It was great to see the guys and to see Brian and Lori's kids. Sage is a beautiful and smart young woman and Ashton was a great little boy. Sage was great with Lilly and Ashton did a good job of playing with Mav. He was so nice to let Mav play with his cars and trucks. It was a nice relaxing evening of BBQ and conversation.

When everyone left, we women tried to stay up an talk in the living room. I don't think any of us wanted to go to bed for fear that our time together was going to go so quickly, but finally we had to break down and go to bed.

I don't really have any pictures from today. It was such a busy day that I didn't even get the camera out. Tomorrow we're headed to Tarpon Springs and I'll make sure to get some pictures.

No comments: